Thursday, March 10, 2011

What's the Point?

I've been looking though lots of blogs lately.  Some seem to have a general concept, and others have segments.  Both ways have merit. 

General concept- share art, recipes, family life, coupon clipping, whatever.  Makes sense. 

Segments- choosing a set topic for each day of the week. This would help in the writing process, I would think, because if Monday is "Mania Monday" and you write about something stupid people are doing every Monday.... well, by George, that's pretty easy. Especially if you live in Fort Lauderdale and you have to deal with all the certifiably MENTALLY HANDICAPPED drivers. 
Then perhaps "Tart Tuesday" you post a pic of the back side of some girl you have stumbled across at the mall who is an obvious floozy. 
"Wicked Wednesday" is dedicated to your latest encounter with your mother in law.
"Thug Thursday" Similar to "Tart Tuesday" and generally self explanatory.
"Fridge Friday" Could be a sweet pic of the inside of your refrigerator and then a shared recipe using only the ingredients you can see in that photo.
"Soup Saturday" Why not post two recipes in a row?!?
"Sanctuary Sunday" where you recap the pastor's sermon.

How long until you get sick of Thug Thursday? How long until your readers get sick of Soup Saturday?

Is keeping to a stringent schedule of writing any better than winging it? 

Well, since I've had a case of writer's block of late, I think I may start some sort of schedule, just to keep me writing and sharing everyday. If you don't like it.... Boo to your face!

I'm open to suggestions for each day of the week.  HOWEVER- I will NEVER participate in "Woof Wednesday."  I do. not. like. dogs. They are adorable and all deserve loving homes. Just not on my blog, ONCE A WEEK. I'm a cat person anyway.

Suggest away.

2 comments:

  1. I am now paranoid about the 'style' and validity of my own blog and feel a bit responsible for this as I ranted earlier today to you about literally pointless blogs! My favorite post thus far...more art! And I now have a picture of what is currently in my fridge just because of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to see tart tuesday & thug thursday :)

    collin tuesday is adorbs!

    blogs are allowed to be pointless... right? please!

    ReplyDelete