Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Collin Tuesday!

Well, it's been an eventful week in the life of Mommy and Beebus.

We visited Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza on Friday evening with Grams and Aunt Bethany.  We were told we had a 15 minute wait so we sat on the bench outside.  Bethany was holding Roo when she sniffs and looks down at her arm. Poop. SOMEONE (Buff Puff) had applied the diaper crooked leaving little bums to squish poops out the sides and out his pant legs. Attractive.  As soon as we discover this our table became available.  I told Mom and Bethany to just go sit down and I would take Roobis out to the car and get him cleaned up. To my complete and utter dismay I had NOTHING in the car. No wipes, no diapers, nada.  I found a blanket in the trunk and walked my gross kid inside the restaurant and straight to the lady's room.  I stripped the little booger and gave him a bath in the sink. I put his poo clothes in the zip lock I had his bottle in and used the blanket as a diaper and used the sweater I had intended to later wear at a movie to clothe my child.


"What the heck mom? ALWAYS be prepared!"

We also acquired real high chair of our very own! I had been feeding the wiggle worm on the floor and decided that was no longer a proper parenting technique. And I was so proud of my recent ability to stay away from Target... oh well. It was a NEED. 

Stink eye
And finally this morning: I woke up and went in to get Collin out of bed.  He was all wrapped up in his blanket, so cute!  I picked him up and the stench assaulted my nose. His diaper had not contained all of the... everything from the night's rest.  BOO! Yesterday something similar happened, but I had just gotten him out of the car seat, sniffed and found poop all down my arms. Delicious. This kid gets more baths because it just seems easier to bathe him than to struggle with butt wipes and his kicking. 

The adorable-ness that preceded the stink.

My kid has a lot of nick names. Get over it.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen you in action and you're a great lil' mama! He's getting so grown up! He's going to be big enough to bungee-jump by the time we go to our baseball game in July!

    ReplyDelete