Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What’s in a Name? · Max Lucado

What’s in a Name? · Max Lucado

Give that a listen. It's only about 30 seconds long.

I was wondering about this subject recently- Will my name still be "Brooke" in Heaven? I also wondered because some people have truly terrible names and I wondered if God would make them keep what their mother cursed them with.

I have so many questions about Heaven. I'm very excited about living there someday! I'm curious what my Heavenly name will be. I also wonder if we will recognize people- people we know now, here on earth, like our friends and family. And if we will just know who Peter is.

Whenever I get frustrated with the things of this world, I am comforted to remember that I was not created to be here- that my longing for something better will be quenched when I'm united with my Heavenly Father in person. I wonder what he looks like. I want Him to wrap me in a huge bear. Heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Very similar to your ponderings of brisket in Heaven...and my nervous breakdown over whether or not Doc and Silly (and my old since departed pup C.C.) will be in Heaven (I KNOW they don't have souls but still.... I also wonder if I will even care about these things when finally confronted with the true majesty of GOD...

    ReplyDelete