Saturday, July 24, 2010

There is a very strong difference between Walmart in south Florida than perhaps anywhere else in the U.S. Here, Walmart is disgusting. Only the grossest of people shop there and it seems like all of the gross people from around town are always there. The place is like a roach nest. I was once walking down an aisle in the grocery section, minding my own business, when I passed buy a female and two younger males. The girl spit on me. For. No. Reason. I was literally just walking down the aisle. I don't even know that I made eye contact with her. Gross!
I visit Oklahoma more frequently than most due to it being where my grandparents reside. They live in Enid. They have a Super Walmart. It's pretty much the same size as their mall... Ok, the mall isn't that small, it has Dillard's and Penny's, Sears, a food court a 4 (or maybe 6) screen theatre, and a few other smaller stores to fill in the rest. Anyway, you go to the Walmart there just as you would go to the mall, to hang out and waste time and to shop around. We were in Enid one visit for about a week. I'm pretty sure we were at Walmart every single day just for something to do. That doesn't happen here in Fort Lauderdale. I avoid the place like the plague. Especially since getting spit on.
There is however a new Walmart grocery store that I've been to a few times. I received several WM gift cards after having Collin. I went there to try to use them all up in one trip. Its not the closest grocery store to my house and I still don't prefer going there... It's still a WM. Unfortunately after filling my cart with magazines, booze, and cleaning supplies I still have about $17 to use...

No comments:

Post a Comment