Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Post V Day Culinary Love

Or an attempt anyway.

I visited the Boca Mall's location of William Sonoma this weekend with a friend. We sampled a new Asian sauce they were cooking with in the store. Melissa purchased said sauce while I had anxiety over using my gift card on just the right item.... So I bought nothing.

I proceeded to stew about the sauces in my mind and decided the next day to visit the Galleria to purchase the Mongolian sauce for me and the Sesame sauce for Brad. I love Mongolian beef and followed the recipe on the side of the bottle, minus all the pesky vegetables. The recipe on the Sesame bottle was for chicken, but my love, loves sea food so I figured I could swap chicken for shimp.

I have a wok. I used it to make my Mongolian beef first as to not contaminate it with the shimp as I am allergic. I'm pretty sure that sentence is missing some key punctuation. I made some instant rice (skillllllz) and some rice noodle to accompany my main foods. Rice- good. Noodles-WAY over cooked. Boo. They disintegrated when I stirred them in with my beef and sauce. Lame. Over all Mongolian been, score.

Next, I added more oil to fry the shimp that I had dipped in egg white and corn starch like the recipe called for. I also decided that covering them in Panko would be a good idea. Crunch. Yum. Something more for the sauce to absorb into. Yum. Well, I would imagine it would be yummy if I enjoyed shrimp.

Hubby's analysis of the dish- good but he didn't like the crunchy Panko. Fail. I should have just stuck to the dern freaking recipe.

To be fair I did ask him to tell me if he liked stuff so that I don't waste my time repeating a dish he hates. So. Whatever.

At least he is taking his vitamins :)

1 comment: