Friday, February 18, 2011

I think CRACK might be cheaper...

I read The Pioneer Woman's Blog alot.  She is a lovely woman, for sure.  She has a home & garden section where she frequently does an Oprah-esque "favorite thing" post.  She has posted anything from tours of fabulous hotel rooms to silly gifts to give at Christmas.  Well, somewhere along the line she has mentioned Frye boots.  I had no knowledge of this glorious brand of footwear until she ruined me. 

Jane 14L Stitch Oiled Suede $289 





















































 I had 2 New Year's resolutions this year:
1. Don't buy anything I don't need (The pertains mostly to clothing, more on that...) 
2. Own these boots by next boot season.

So in attempts to save money, so far I have gone back to my natural hair color.


Bye, bye expensive highlight that only look lovely for a month or so before needing to be touched up.  I am so lazy that my hair does not get blow dried curly often enough to justify the $$$.

I have joined my mom's cell phone family plan. Yep, you heard me! I'm 24, married with a kid and I have re-joined the family plan. To be clear, it's the first time I've ever been on my mom's plan.  I got my first cell phone when I turned 18 and was about to drive off to college, all on my own plan and paid for with my own dinero.  BUT now I save close to $85 a month.  SMART! And of course, I pay my mom for my portion of the bill.

GROUPON!!!!
My original intent when signing up for Groupon and Living Social was to buy deals to restaurants that were different from Brad's & my usual date spots... and so that we would actually go on a date night. Recently, however, I have found some other great deals, like to the Baby Posh Garage, a kid's consignment store.  I haven't been there yet, so when I go I'll give an update.

There have been a few disappointments with a few of my deals.  I purchased one for Shula's, and it expired before I could use it.  $25 gone.  I called them twice about using it late. The first time the concierge had no idea what I was talking about and told me to call back after 5. I called back after 5 and the guy was SUPER snobby about how they would NOT honor my late Groupon. Fine. Lesson learned: don't let the freaking thing expire.

I accidentally purchased 2 Groupons to GreenStreet Cafe.  I included one of them as a Christmas gift to my friend Amy so we could go on a double date.  The fine print says only one Groupon per table per night.  We asked our server if we could use 2 since we were 2 couples and we assured her that we'd tip well.  She spoke with her manager and let us use them! It was a great dinner with splendid friends! A night out without our little kiddos. We went across the street after to a yogurt place and ate our treats as we walked around Coconut Grove. Fun night!

Time to go get my oil changed.

2 comments: